Aerialshots4u must therefore abide by the CAA rules regarding flights and we also have PfCO (Permission for Commercial Operations) View our certificate here. The PfCO is mandatory for anybody operating a commercial drone aerial photography business in the UK and aerialshots4u has adequate public liability insurance.
As safety is paramount we have to perform a pre-flight survey. This includes checking the area to be filmed for any air restrictions regarding no fly zones or near airports etc. Risk assessment has also to made of the land features and surrounding area. The rules that have to observed are listed below :
* Fly a maximum of 400 feet above ground level.
* Fly a maximum of 500 metres from the operator and maintain a visual line of site.
* During take off and landing maintain a distance of 30m from people and property not in control of the pilot.
* Maintain a distance of 50m from people and property not in control of the pilot.
* Fly within a minimum distance of 150m from an open-air assembly of over 1000 people and not directly overhead.
* Obtain permission from the landowner for take off and landing.
* Observe air restrictions that are in place at or near the intended flight area.
We must respect any other persons or property which are near the flight area and obtain permission should it be necessary.
Costs start at £80 for a job taking up to 2 hours. There may be extra costs for the pre-flight survey. Extra hourly rate is £35. All flights will only be undertaken when there are favourable weather conditions.
Travel costs over 5 miles from Richmond are 45p per mile.
Please contact us, as all jobs are different. For a free consultation phone 07434678972 or email
Watch our Showreel Video on YouTube Click Here